King Edward Mine Museum
Edward Mine Museum and Mill
exhibits in the museum tell the remarkable story of how this mine has
survived almost intact for over 100 years. The visitor is shown
how the mine complex developed and then is taken on a guided tour of
the mill to see much of the rare equipment in use as it would have
been in the early 1900s. Much of the machinery in the mill
(where tin ore is processed) is amongst the last of its kind in the
world. The museum is also a valuable resource for local
the museum and learn something about the local and social history
out how the mine complex developed
a film of the mill in action
the guided tour through the tin processing plant where machinery can
be seen at work
some of the on-going restoration projects
for a coffee and find out about Cornwall's Mineral Tramways Project
in the shop
January 2010, KEM was awarded a major grant by Cornwall Council for
the restoration of the winder and compressor houses which were burnt
down in a fire in 1957. The grant is part of the funding received by
mining attractions with the World Heritage Area.
Winder House was opened by Alec Robertson, Leader of Cornwall Council
on Monday 16th August 2010.
continues on the original Holman winder and the 1870 Harvey
compressor. Both are housed in the new building.
2011, there is a new exhibition of the history of Holman Bros Ltd
Camborne and drilling equipment.
Survey office was painted by volunteers in October 2010. Work
continues to restore the remainder of the site.
ways you can get involved, see Friends
of KEM page