Portraits by Kate Marr
I make beautiful heart-warming portraits that capture the essence of each individual. Contact me to commission.
I make beautifully hand crafted drawn or painted portraits of people and pets.
I work from photos and sittings. Please contact me with your portrait idea, to arrange a portfolio viewing or photo session, and for more information.
After completing her degree she moved to London and started specialising in portraiture. Her work focuses on bringing out the liveliness, essence and character of the individual and imbues each work with rich and energetic tones. Kate will create the perfect portrait for you that will wow and touch your heart. She now lives in Bournemouth creating and selling portraits to individuals or galleries, and takes commissions from around the world. Please contact her for more information.
- Group Show, Otantic, Green Lanes, North London August 2016 (ongoing)
- Portraits Group Exhibition, The 504 Gallery, East London. June 2016
- Jazz and Dance by Ali White and Kate Marr, The Coach House Gallery, Wakefield. August - October 2008
- Group Show, Roland Levinsky Building, Plymouth. June 2008
- Group Show, The Wall Gallery, Wakefield. April - September 2008
- Group Show, The Coach House Gallery, Wakefield. February - April 2008
- Group Show, Hearts Capital, Royal William Yard, Plymouth. June 2005 2007
- Group Show, Surrey Institute of Art and Design, Epsom. June 2005
- Group Show, TCCE, Surrey June 2004
“I asked Kate to do a portrait of my girlfriends cat for Christmas and the final drawling was absolutely superb. The drawing was done in the exact style I requested and I was kept fully updated on the progress of it. I would absolutely recommend Kate! ”
- Will Emerson
“My Gran loved the portrait, thank you so much. We would rate you and your service 5 stars. You really helped us out at such a busy time of year. The portrait was lovely and was such a great likeness. It was sent and received very quickly from me approving the final picture sent. It was well packaged to keep it safe. You kept constant contact throughout so we were kept up to date. Thank you so much for such an amazing service.”
“Kate provided a professional, friendly and efficient service from start to finish. Guiding us through the process and helping us to make a decision for which medium and size painting to choose. Kate did a lovely photo shoot with our children and then we chose a photo for her to work from to create our beautiful portrait. We now have a heart warming, delightful painting that captures our precious children so well and we can treasure this piece of art forever. Thank you!”
- Samantha Matthews
“Kate is an exceptional artist who captures both the body and soul of her subject. Her work is technically excellent and a wonderful representation of life. Not only is she a great talent but she is also a joy to commission and work with.”
- Anthony Allison