Bishops Waltham Palace
The ruins of a medieval palace (together with later additions) used by the bishops and senior clergy of Winchester as they travelled through their diocese. Winchester was the richest diocese in England, and its properties were grandiose and extravagantly appointed. Much of what can be seen today is the work of William Wykeham, who was bishop from 1367. There is an exhibition on the Winchester bishops on the first floor of the farmhouse.
Dogs on leads are welcome - contact site for any restrictions. Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere.
Be the first to add a review for Bishops Waltham Palace