Wolvesey Castle (Old Bishop's Palace)
Begun as a 12th-century Norman keep and bailey castle, the palace was the chief residence of the Bishops of Winchester. Situated next to Winchester Cathedral, its extensive ruins reflect their importance and wealth. The last great occasion at Wolvesey was on 25 July 1554, when Queen Mary and Philip of Spain held their wedding breakfast in the East Hall.
Dogs on leads are welcome - contact site for any restrictions. Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere.
Be the first to add a review for Wolvesey Castle (Old Bishop's Palace)