Wharram le Street
The most famous and intensively studied of Britain's 3,000 or so deserted medieval villages, Wharram Percy occupies a remote but attractive site in a beautiful Wolds valley. Above the substantial ruins of the church and a recreated fishpond, the outlines of many lost houses are traceable on a grassy plateau. First settled in prehistoric times, Wharram flourished as a village between the 12th and 14th centuries, before final abandonment c. 1500.
Dogs on leads are welcome - contact site for any restrictions. Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere.
Be the first to add a review for Wharram Percy